Hi all, we will be having our first dryland session at the Richmond Middle School this Sunday 1-3pm. Plan is to hike over to Storrs Pond and back and then play games on the soccer field at the school. Primary goal is to begin to get to know the kids and for them to get to know the coaches.
Looking ahead I wanted to share a few details on racing and the race registration process. All athletes who intend to compete in USSA sanctioned races need to get a USSA (United States Ski and Snowboard Association) membership to be able to participate. Go to http://www.ussa.org and click on membership to get started. The membership category you want is U10 competitor. USSA is the governing body for ski racing in the US and provides resources for coaches, clubs, and athletes as well as blanket insurance for youth racing.
A list of the races we plan to attend is below. While USSA is the national governing body for ski racing NHARA, New Hampshire Alpine Racing Association, is the governing body for all NH races and information on how to register can be found on their website at http://www.nhara.org. I believe we will again have an online registration option for many races but the website is new and things have changed a bit. You can do it the old fashioned way by mailing a race entry form to the race secretary of the applicable race (I will email these forms to everyone). It is not super intuitive on the website so be patient and read the instructions closely and let me know if you get stuck.
- U10 Kombi at Sunapee on Jan 27. USSA race. Signup via NHARA. I recommend sending in registration soon as it filled up last year.
- Suicide 6 Masters of the Mountain (Date TBD) – Non USSA race. No advance registration I will send in team roster.
- Whaleback Masters of the Mountain Race (Date TBD) – Non USSA race. No advance registration I will send team roster.
- Cote Open March 17th at Ragged Mt – USSA Race. Registration via NHARA website
- T-Shirt Race March 24th at Sunapee – USSA Race. Registration via NHARA website
In addition we are planning on hosting an additional USSA event at the Skiway and I will post that date as soon as we nail it down. For all of you who are new to this and have questions please feel free to send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or ask any of the coaches at dryland this weekend.