Looking ahead to the ski season and racing I wanted to share some important details.
All athletes need to get a USSA (United States Ski and Snowboard Association) membership to be able to participate in a number of our scheduled races. Go to http://www.ussa.org and click on membership to get started.
Races that we plan to attend and how to register are as follows. NHARA is the New Hampshire Alpine Racing Association and is the governing body for all NH races and all of the USSA sanctioned races and information on how to register can be found on their website at http://www.nhara.org. There is a new online option (not yet operational) for many races or you can do it the old fashioned way by mail. It is not super intuitive on the website so be patient and read the instructions closely and let me know if you get stuck.
- GS at Gunstock on Jan 15th – USSA race. This race is only recommended for returning U10’s who are experienced racers. If your child was in DEVO last year or is hesitant about racing please do not take them this race. We will have gate training at the Skiway for everyone not going which I expect to be at least 50%. Sign up via instructions on NHARA.org
- U10 Kombi at Sunapee on Jan 28th. USSA race. I consider this to be the first official race for everyone on the U10 team. Signup via NHARA.
- Suicide 6 Masters of the Mountain date TBD – Non USSA race. No advance registration I will send in team roster.
- Cote Open March 19th at Ragged Mt – USSA Race. Registration via NHARA website
- T-shirt race March 25th at Sunapee – USSA Race. Registration via NHARA website
In addition we will likely have additional non USSA races or race like events at the Skiway and Whaleback and I will post those dates as soon as we nail them down. For all of you who are new to this and have questions please feel free to send me an email at email@example.com or ask any of the coaches at dryland this weekend.