Hi All, we will be at the Skiway on both Saturday and Sunday this weekend. They are hosting the Upper Valley Special Olympics on Saturday which means the lodge and parking lot will be more crowded than normal so you should build in a little extra time to get ready for our regular 9am start. On Sunday the U12 and U14 team will be away at their first race so we will have the place to ourselves and we plan to run gates for a good part of our training day. If your child has a GS suit I would encourage them to wear it on Sunday so we can practice stripping down to GS suits and taking a run in them. Please remember that GS suits are completely optional for U10 races.
Looking ahead to the following weekend we have two race options or you, both on Saturday January 30th.
- Mt Sunapee Kombi – this is the race I would encourage kids to attend. However if you have a child in DEVO who is going to Whaleback or you’re looking for a close to home option for a child that is still a bit reluctant to race you are more than welcome to attend the Whaleback event (details below). For Sunapee your child needs to have a USSA membership and advance registration is required (www.nhara.org has registration info). Also a reminder that most races require kids to have a full/hard ear helmet (meaning hard plastic covering the ear). Refer to my post on November 10th for more info on USSA and race registration and feel free to let me know if you have any questions.
- Whaleback Masters of the Mountain
- Cost of Event – $25 for on-line registration, $30 for in person – day of registration.
- Here are the instructions from Whaleback.
- Go to www.whalebackcoreteam.com
- Click on big red button on right hand side of page that says Masters of the Mountain
- Follow the steps and you will be registered – you can either pay with pay pal right online or bring a check to the mountain with you to give at the registration table.
- More information regarding the plan of the day will follow